The Lens Principle is as follows:
Who we are determines how we see others.
The big question is:
What is my perception of others?
This means that:
1. Who you are determines what you see.
2. Who you are determines how you see others.
3. Who you are determines how you view life.
4. Who you are determines what you do.
There are also five things that determine who we are:
2. Self Image
3. Experiences in Life
4. Attitudes and Choices about those Experiences
I would personally add a sixth one: Faith. (Which Maxwell does mention is important as a decision)